At the end of the three days of the European Symposium on Healthy Ageing (EHA) organized by Healthy Life Extension Society (HEALES) on September 29 – October 1, 2016, the participants adopted the Declaration below (also available on the site of the EHA). This is an important step to make the fight against aging more attractive and concrete.
You can sign the Declaration by sending an email to the addres
The Brussels Declaration for Radical Healthspan Extension
Adopted October 1, 2016 – we invite you to sign it if you agree with these aims
The defeat of aging lies within our collective grasp. It’s time to seize this remarkable opportunity.
This 1st of October 2016, during International Longevity Day, the Eurosymposium on Healthy Ageing (EHA) meeting in Brussels proclaims the possibility and the imperative of a moonshot project to overcome all age-related diseases within 25 years by tackling aging as their root cause.
The result will be a world:
– Where healthcare is far less expensive
– Where human well-being can be radically extended
– Where people place greater value on the environment and on peace, in view of their expectation of much longer lives
– Where the right to life is more precious than ever, because life is longer.
Key steps in this initiative will include:
– A paradigm shift stressing the need for research on aging itself, rather than only on individual diseases of old age
– The removal of regulatory and other barriers which prevent or disincentivize companies from developing treatments for aging itself
– An accelerated program to test anti-aging interventions on a much larger scale than anything that exists at the moment, leading to multiple human clinical trials of genuine rejuvenation biotechnologies by 2021.
These programs will require a coordinated effort at national and international level, integrating diverse existing and novel research approaches.They need to be financed by both public and private organizations, and create inclusive, affordable solutions available on equal terms to everybody.